Search through all the contests
D&AD celebrates and nurtures outstanding work in the design and advertising industry each year with its international creative awards. As well as the Professional Awards, D&AD aims to cultivate new talent, ensuring the next generation of creatives gets off to a flying start.
Faced with an opportunity to harness the power of creativity as a force for good, businesses and brands have the responsibility to make a real and positive difference to the world. This year 16 of the best brands have issued creative briefs. Take them and respond. It’s your way of showing the creative industry that you’re here and things can be done differently.
Up to five people can work together and enter as a team. Students and non-students can work together too, but everyone on the team must be eligible to enter. If you're a student you need a tutor to enter. If you're not a student, you don't need to have a tutor.
Entry fee is 20 GBP (approx. 25 USD). For D&AD Members it’s 15 GBP (approx. 19 USD).
Anyone worldwide of or between 18 and 23 years of age on 1 January 2017 can enter.
Also open to students and recent graduates of any age. Student entrants must be enrolled on a recognised full or part-time higher education level course, anywhere in the world, on 1 January 2017. To enter as a recent graduate, entrants need to have graduated from a recognised course on or after 1 January 2015.
The prizes to be awarded are as follows:
• New Blood In Book: Name included in the D&AD Annual, a certificate, a year’s free membership of D&AD (not inclusive of free copy of the D&AD Annual), winning work featured on the D&AD website, the right to use the relevant D&AD New Blood Awards Pencil Mark.
• New Blood Nomination: As In Book, plus eligibility to apply for a place on the New Blood Academy.
• New Blood Yellow Pencil: As Nomination, plus New Blood Yellow Pencil trophy, winning work featured in the D&AD Annual.
• New Blood Black Pencil: As Yellow Pencil, plus New Blood Black Pencil trophy, 2,000 GBP cash prize (to be shared among all New Blood Black Pencil winners).
• New Blood White Pencil: As Nomination, plus New Blood White Pencil trophy, winning work featured in the D&AD Annual.
Moreover, Pencil winners will be eligible to apply for a portion of a travel and accommodation fund of 15,000 GBP (approx. 19,000 USD) to support attendance of the New Blood Academy or Awards ceremony.