Search through all the contests
H&M Design Award is a design competition for students at selected design schools around the world. The aim is to bring up the most promising talents in fashion and give them a springboard in their careers.
Your collection should be based on garments, with at least four complete outfits per entry (no entries that are just print or accessories). The collection can focus on womenswear, menswear, kidswear or a mixed application.
Your portfolio (PDF/JPG, Max 20MB) should include:
• Resume/curriculum vitae (CV).
• A brief description of your collection and its themes.
• Pictures of your collection at its key stages of development.
• Images of inspiration sources and mood boards.
• Your color and fabric range.
• Details of any prints (if you have created them).
• Illustrations and fashion drawings of the collection.
• Images of the finished outfits (including campaign images or photo shoots).
There is no entry fee.
You must plan to graduate from a 2017 BA or MA qualifying program (or equivalent to that) from a participating college. Find all schools participating in the award here.
The winner will be awarded a prize of 25,000 EUR (approx. 26,530 USD) as well as a six month, paid internship at H&M's Head Office in Stockholm, working alongside the design team that develops our most fashion-forward collections. In addition, all finalists, including the winner, will be awarded 5,000 EUR (approx. 5,310 USD) for making it to the final.
The paid internship includes a monthly salary, accommodation in Stockholm and a return flight to Stockholm as well as other benefits. The internship runs from January 2018 to June 2018 and will be tailored for the winner according to their skills and previous experience.
The winner has the option to exchange the internship for a grant of 25,000 EUR. The total prize sum will then amount to 50,000 EUR.