Search through Graphic Competitions
WWT Photography Competition
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is one of the world’s largest and most respected wetland conservation organisations working globally to safeguard and improve wetlands for wildlife and people.
This year’s competition takes place over 12 months with four seasonal heats. During each season, we’ll be looking for the best photos that represent that season.
There are four main categories in the competition:
• Wetland Wildlife
• Wetland Landscapes
• Wildlife & People
• World Wetlands
Entries in the Wetland Wildlife, Wetland Landscapes and Wildlife & People categories must have been taken at one of WWT’s nine wetland wildlife centres across the UK. The fourth main category, World Wetlands, invites entries of photographs taken anywhere in the world.
Each entrant may submit an unlimited numbers of different photographs across the categories. However only one picture from a series is allowed per category and no one image may be entered into more than one category. You also cannot re-enter the same photograph in subsequent seasonal heats of the competition.
Photographs must have been taken within the five years immediately prior to the closing date, and must not have been submitted to a previous WWT Photography Competition.
The competition is open to everyone worldwide – amateur and professional, of any age.
• Wetland Wildlife - the national winner will receive a 3 day birds of prey workshop in the Czech Republic, courtesy of Tatra Photography.
• Wetland Landscapes - the national winner will receive a 6 night nature photography workshop in Cumbria, courtesy of Lakeland Photo Ltd, plus a rucksack of outdoor clothing courtesy of Regatta.
• Wildlife & People - the national winner will receive a 7 day activity holiday for 2 to Sooma National Park in Estonia, courtesy of Much Better Adventures and Soomaa.com.
• World Wetlands - the national winner will receive a 5 night eco-tourism break for two people to New York State and the opportunity to see the wetland spectacle that is Niagara Falls, including return flights from the UK to Buffalo with United, operated by Continental Airlines, plus accommodation at the new luxurious Embassy Suites Buffalo.
• People’s Choice - the national winner will receive a week’s narrowboat holiday for for four in the UK, up to £1,000, courtesy of Kate Boats.
• Young Photographer of the Year - the national winner will receive a 7 day family adventure holiday in mid-Wales, courtesy of Mount Severn.
• Portfolio Photographer of the Year - the overall winner will receive a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Antarctica, courtesy of Exodus in partnership with Quark Expeditions.
In addition, all national prize winners will receive a subscription to Bird Watching Magazine, courtesy of Bird Watching Magazine.