Search through all the contests
Phodar International Biennal 2013
Phodar Foundation organizes the Eighth International Phodar Biennial. The topic of this edition is Glocalization. The term, coined in the late 1980s, has two opposing readings - resistance and adaptation of cultural diversity to global tendencies. Or, generally speaking, it reflects the relationship between oneness and variety.
There are three categories:
• The First section includes a file of 5–12 digital photographs with coherent sound.
• The Second section is for a file of 5–12 photographs with coherent sound, printed on paper.
• The Third section – Photo School is for authors who are in a learning period or in their early career. They can send photographs for the first or second section for which the general conditions apply. However, on the back of each hard copy or digital collection the author must write 'Photo School'.
Entries can be monochrome and colour digital photographs in JPEG format with a minimum of 2000 px on the long side, not larger than 2 MB or paper copies up to 50 cm (long side). Information about the files including the year of the pictures, an author’s portrait photo and a short biography should also be submitted in digital form for publishing in the event catalogue. Every author has the rights to participate in one of three sections with one file.
For photos on paper there’s a fee of 30 Euros to cover the return mail.
The competition is open to artists from around the world.
• Grand Prix – 750 Euros (approx. 1,000 USD)
• Award for Humanistic Photography – 500 Euros
• Award in Section I – 400 Euros
• Award in Section II – 300 Euros
• Award in Section III – 200 Euros
• Special Prize of the Salon – the PHODAR Statuette
Moreover, there will be an exhibition from April 26th to June 7th 2013 at Iliya Beshkov Art Gallery - Pleven (Bulgaria). The exhibition will be accompanied by personal and collective exhibitions, and theoretical two-day seminar on the subject of Glocalization.