Search through Graphic Competitions
Nikon Photo Contest International 2014-2015
The Nikon Photo Contest has been held by Nikon Corporation since 1969 to provide an opportunity for photographers around the world to communicate and to enrich image-making culture for professionals and amateurs alike.
In the last 10 years, with the wide penetration of digital cameras with video capabilities, the environment surrounding image-making has dramatically changed. Adapting to this change, the 34th contest was reconceived, changing its name and its structure, and it continues to evolve to create new standards and provide new opportunities for discovery.
This year for the first time, all categories in photography and video will accept entries from any digital device, including smartphones.
Entry Categories (Photography section):
• Theme "HOME", single photo
• Theme "HOME", photo story (two to five images)
• Open theme, single photo
• Open theme, photo story (two to five images)
Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which the entrant holds all applicable rights. Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway are not eligible. Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this contest will not be eligible.
There is no entry fee.
The contest is open to all, professional and amateur, regardless of age, sex or nationality.
• Grand Prize - 1 award. The winner will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 1,000,000 yen and the opportunity to show his or her portfolio on the Nikon Photo Contest Website. The Grand Prize will be selected separately from the 1st place for each category.
• 1st place - 1 award per category. The winners will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 500,000 yen and the opportunity to show their portfolios on the Nikon Photo Contest Website.*1
• 2nd place - 5 awards per category. The winners will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 200,000 yen.
• 3rd place - 10 awards per category. The winners will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and Nikon products equivalent to 100,000 yen.
• Participants Award for Most Popular Entry - 1 award. The winner will receive a trophy, an award certificate, and 500,000 yen.
• Generation N - For the most promising entrants under age 19 with a fresh take on the world. 10 awards. The winners will receive an award certificate and Nikon products equivalent to 300,000 yen (approx. 3,000 USD).