Search through all the contests
Communication Arts 2014 Photography Competition
Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in photography, the Communication Arts Photography Competition.
Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and photographers, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Photography Annual, in print and on the iPad, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will carry contact information of the photographers represented.
• Advertising (ads, posters, CDs, packaging, etc.)
• Books (cover/jacket and/or interior, must be published)
• Editorial (consumer or trade magazine, newspaper)
• For Sale (poster, print, note paper, greeting card, licensing/stock, gallery sale, etc.)
• Institutional (company/association publication, brochures, collateral, etc.)
• Multimedia (time-based media for film, television, video or Web)
• Self-Promotion (promotion for photographers, creative firms and vendors)
• Unpublished (commissioned but not published, personal or student work, etc.)
The Photography Competition has an Unpublished category, which can include student work. However the work must be completely original and not utilize content owned by another copyright holder unless the entrant has been granted specific usage rights.
Each photograph is a single entry. Campaigns or series are limited to five photographs. Any digital files you might want to submit saved as RGB (not CMYK) JPG format (maximum 1024 pixels wide X 768 pixels high, 72dpi).
Entries must be registered no later than March 14, 2014. Entries registered after that date require a late fee of $10 per entry. No entries can be registered after March 28, 2014.
Any photograph first printed or produced from March 2013 through March 2014 is eligible. Entries may originate from any country.
The winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Photography Annual, in print and on the iPad, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
Moreover, each winning entrant will also receive a personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.