Search through Graphic Competitions
The TFHMF Award 2014
The TFHMF Award 2014 is a brand new international crowd funded award for the very best in contemporary art. It is created by the renowned Dutch and Finnish art foundations Tupajumi and HeavyMerryFinland, the main objective by both organizations is to promote (inter)national artists worldwide at key locations within local art scenes.
This year Tupajumi and HeavyMerryFinland present five top artists in a group exhibition at the popular Swedish Supermarket Art Fair selected by an international jury of critics, art professionals, and colleague artists.
Each artist can participate with one, two or three artworks. Below some technical details:
• Painting: works realized with technical and stylistic freedom (oil, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl, watercolor, graphite, pencil, collage, etc.) on any support (canvas, paper, wood, plastics, iron, etc.). The maximum size allowed for each work is 175 cm per side. It is possible to submit polyptycs as one single work, as long as they fall within the overall 175 cm; they must be submitted as multiple works if the total size exceeds 175 cm
• Sculpture and Installation: works created with any organic or inorganic material. Works can include sounds, lights, videos, mechanical or electrical movements. The maximum size allowed for each work is: base 2 meters, depth 2 meters, height 2 meters, and 200 kg weight limit.
• Photographic Art: photographs on analog or digital support, photos including digital elaborations. It is possible to submit series of photographs as one single work, as long as the whole series falls within the overall 175 cm; they must be submitted as multiple works if the total size exceeds 175 cm
• Video Art: videos, films and works made with any animation techniques on any digital and analog support. Works must last 60 minutes at most, opening titles and closing credits included. For the final exhibition artists have to send the original works saved on DVD in high quality and in formats compatible with the mostly used reading systems.
• Performance: Every artist or group of artists can participate with one or more performances, using any technique, expressive form and with the use of any support materials provided by the artist. Finalist artists will perform live on the opening night, in a version which does not exceed 30 minutes. Copyright and SIAE rights must be provided for works that include non original music or images, if necessary.
• Virtual and Digital Art: works entirely created using the computer or digital applications and devices: images, videos, installations, performances in which the use of digital media plays a key role in the creative process and content; net art, software, smart-phone or tablet applications, interactive devices, video-games, augmented reality projects, rapid prototyping, etc.
The application fee is: 15 Euro (approx. 20 USD) for 1 artwork, 30 Euro (approx. 40 USD) for 2 artworks, 25 Euro (approx. 34 USD) for 3 artworks.
The competition is open to all artists, with no restrictions of age, sex, nationality or any other qualifications.
Out of all the artworks entered a long-list will be made which consist out of 25 artworks. This long-list will be on view via a video loop in our booth at the art fair. The professional jury will narrow down the long-list in to a selection of 5 finalists, which will be physically on display at the Supermarket art fair.
One of them will win the TFHMF Award, including prize money raised by the visitors of the art fair.