Search through Graphic Competitions
Patchings Open Art Competition 2014
The Artist and Leisure Painter magazines announce the launch of the international 2014 Patchings Open Art Competition. Painters and artists working in two dimensions in all media are invited to submit their work for this prestigious art competition, one of the UK’s longest established and most inclusive.
There are two main categories:
• Leisure Painter - for beginners, hobby painters and less experienced amateur painters.
• The Artist - for professionals, semi-professionals, art students, art tutors and experienced amateur painters.
Only original work will be considered and paintings based on reference photographs must have been taken by the artist or used with the permission of the photographer. Photography, except where incorporated into collage, is not acceptable.
Selected works will be exhibited in two separate galleries at Patchings Art Centre from June 5 to July 20, 2014. Successful entrants will be notified in late April about delivering their work between May 16 and May 28, 2014 to Patchings Art Centre, Nottinghamshire, UK.
The entry fee of £15 (approx. 23 USD) covers up to three entries of two-dimensional works in any media; only one work per entrant will be accepted for exhibition in the Leisure Painter category.
The competition is open to artists worldwide.
The Awards for the 2014 competition are:
• £1,500 The Artist Purchase Prize Award: Selected by guest judge Ken Howard OBE, RA for a work up to the value of £1,500
• £450 Anova Books Awards: Three prizes of practical art books to the value of £150 each
• £1,000 Atelier Interactive Awards: Four prizes of £250 worth of Atelier Interactive Artists’ Acrylics
• £750 Caran d’Ache/Jakar Awards: Three prizes of £250 worth of art materials
• £500 Clairefontaine Awards: Five prizes of £100 worth of paper
• £640 Daler-Rowney Awards: Five sets of materials to the total value of £640
• £750 Derwent Awards: Three prizes of £250 worth of art materials
• £500 Knuston Hall Award: Of a four-day residential Art Summer School at Knuston Hall in Northamptonshire
• £440 Leisure Painter Awards: Four one-day Leisure Painter workshops to the value of £110 each
• £400 Nature in Art Awards: Four £100 vouchers to be redeemed against Nature in Art’s workshops in Gloucestershire
• £400 Painters’Books Awards: Two prizes of David & Charles art books from Painters’Books to the value of £200 each
• £450 Patchings Award: Of a gift voucher worth £450 to be used at Patchings Art Centre in Nottinghamshire
• £500 ProArte Awards: Two prizes of £250 worth of brushes
• £1,000 Royal Talens Awards: Four prizes of £250 worth of art materials
• £600 St Cuthberts Mill Awards: Three prizes of £200 worth of watercolour paper
• £400 West Norfolk Arts Centre Awards: Of two, two-day non-residential painting courses at the West Norfolk Arts Centre in Norfolk, worth £200 each
• £750 Winsor & Newton Awards: Three prizes of £250 worth of art materials
• £400 Winston Oh Award: Of a painting course of your choice up to £400, provided by Winston Oh