Search through all the contests
Design A Wish For Greece Poster Competition
- Category: Multiple Disciplines
Deadline: November 30, 2012 (expired!)
Contest's Website: [link]
The Santorini Biennale of Arts announces the Design a wish for Greece International Poster Competition, a parallel project that aims to support the image of Modern Greece around the world.
Greece is not only the country of Parthenon, the country of Aristotle’s, of Democracy, of Philosophy, the country of Myths, the country that inspired millions of people around the world. Greece is a modern country like yours and suffers today from the unstable world economy.
After years of living into an European umbrella characterized by the values of solidarity, of unity, of many "freedoms", of fraternity, the economic crisis showed us that the truth of these values and ideas is far away from the reality as the latest phenomena our societies are living today is a kind of an economic “racism”.
The “Design a Wish for Greece” project aims to fight the humiliation Greece suffers today and aims to show to the world that helping our country to retrieve its glory is an important action of dignity and solidarity. And is not an action like this only for Greece but also for all those people and countries that today they feel weak in front of the storm of the economic or military “power”.
All artworks must be A2 size (59,4cm of height Χ 42cm of width). If your artwork is not in a digital format, you can take a pic of it or scan it.
Your registrations fees goes to poster printing in a high quality paper (25 posters per selected artwork), on-line advertising programme, printing of exhibitions catalogues in Greek and English language, operational expenses. The registraton fee is 40 Euro (approx. 52 USD) per single artwork (5 artworks max).
Registration deadline: 30 October 2012
Artwork submission deadline: 30 November 2012
Artists from all art disciples worldwide are invited to participate.
• 1st Winner (one artists or group of 2 artists) $1950 + 30 days Tour of Greece; air tickets, accommodation, full board.
• 2nd Winner (one artists or group of 2 artists) $1300 + 20 days Tour of Greece; air tickets, accommodation, full board.
• 3rd Winner (one artists or group of 2 artists) $650 + 10 days Tour of Greece; air tickets, accommodation, full board.
• 4th to 8th winners (one artists or group of 2 artists) – A week in Athens; air tickets, accommodation, full board.
• 9th to 20th winners (one artists or group of 2 artists) – A very special gift from Santorini.
The exhibition will be held at the same time in big cities around the world (Tokyo, Seóul, Mumbai, Calcutta, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Shanghai, Beijing, Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, London, Berlin, Moscow, Paris, Milano, Rome, Madrid, Tel Aviv, Athens, Thessalonik) from 10 Jan 2013 to 10 Mar 2013, and then it will travel to Santorini (Greece) from 20 April 2013 to 30 Sept 2013.