Search through all the contests
Prime your palette and sharpen your HB - enter your finest work in our art competition for the chance to win a fabulous painting safari. Accepted media: painting, drawing, mixed media, print-making. (Digital work and manipulation of images are not accepted). Artwork must feature wildlife - birds, mammals, waterlife, invertebrates and plants - in a natural or captive environment.
• British Mammals (behaviour and portraits)
• British Birds (behaviour and portraits)
• In Praise of Plants (British and worldwide)
• Beneath the Water (marine and fresh water)
• Animals in their Environment (British and worldwide)
• World Mammals (behaviour and portraits)
• World Birds (behaviour and portraits)
• Black and White Nature (pencil, lino cuts, etchings, wood block etc)
• Visions of Nature (innovative, creative impressions of wildlife)
• Frozen Planet (please note: entries must feature animal life)
• Endangered Species (entries must feature species listed by the IUCN as ’Endangered’ or ’Critically Endangered’)
For International Artists there are two categories: Birds and Mammals. These are judged digitally and are exclusively for artists outside of the UK.
Maximum of 8 images can be submitted. The artwork must not have won a prize in any other competition anywhere in the world, or been published by a third party. The artwork must have been created in the past year and be your original work. Artwork must not exceed 44 inches in any direction; actual artwork should not exceed 40 inches in any direction.
There is no entry fee.
The competition is open to all artists aged 18 or over, amateur or professional.
10 day painting safari in Botswana worth £3,450 (approx. 5,500 USD), works published in the BBC Wildlife Magazine and online.
Moreover, the winning work will be exhibited at The Society of Wildlife Artists' Annual Exhibition during Autumn 2013. Category winners will be exhibited at Marwell International Wildlife Art Society Annual Exhibition during Autumn 2013.