Search through all the contests
Introduce your work to the world. Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration, the Communication Arts Illustration Competition.
These categories are judged by the jury and will appear in the Illustration Annual:
• Advertising: ads, posters, CDs, packaging, etc.
• Books: cover/jacket and/or interior, must be published
• Editorial: consumer or trade magazine, newspaper
• For Sale: poster, print, note paper, greeting card, licensing/stock, gallery sale, etc.
• Institutional: company/association publication, brochures, collateral, etc.
• Motion/Animation: animation for film, television, video or Web
• Self-Promotion: promotion for illustrators, creative firms and vendors
• Unpublished: commissioned but not published, personal or student work, etc.
• Student work
Digital files must be RGB in JPG format with a maximum width of 1024 pixels and a maximum height of 768 pixels at 72 dpi. You can also upload Video entries as well, MOV, MP4 or MPG format, with a maximum file size of 1 GB.
The deadline will be extended two weeks after January 6, 2017, but a late entry fee of 10 USD per submission is required. No entries will be accepted after January 20, 2017.
Entries may originate from any country, and have to be first printed or produced from January 2016 through January 2017.
Winners will be featured in the Communication Arts Illustration Annual distributed worldwide, in both print and iPad editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
Moreover, each winning entrant will also receive one personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and printed award certificates for all creative contributors.