Search through all the contests
The International Children’s Painting Competition on the Environment is organized every year by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Japan-based Foundation for Global Peace and Environment (FGPE), Bayer and Nikon Corporation. It has been held since 1991 and has received more than 3 million entries from children in over 150 countries.
Theme for this edition is: Food Waste (Save the Planet - Save Food, Wasting Food is Wasting the Planet).
Paintings must be done on A4 or A3 papers. style of painting is free (crayons, coloured pencils, water-colours, etc). Paintings that have been shown or accepted elsewhere will not be accepted in this competition. Participants can submit as many paintings as they like.
The painting(s) will not be returned and will be used to raise environmental awareness through exhibitions, websites, posters, publications etc) and to raise funds to further promote environmental activities by children.
There is no entry fee.
The organizers are inviting children (between the age of 6 and 14 years) all over the world to submit their paintings.
• 1st Prize: One entrant - US$ 2,000 with a fully paid trip for the winner and a chaperone to a UNEP event (date and venue to be confirmed later). The winner will also receive a plaque/supplementary prizes.
• 2nd Prize: One entrant - US$ 1,000 each and a fully paid trip for winners and chaperones to a UNEP event (date and venue to be confirmed later). Each winner will also receive a plaque/supplementary prizes.
• 3rd Prize: Three entrants – A diploma/certificate for each winner
• 4th Prize: Ten entrants – A diploma/certificate for each winner
• 5th Prize: Thirty five entrants – A diploma for each winner
• Regional Winners: One winner only from each region: Africa; Asia and the Pacific; West Asia; Europe; Latin America and the Caribbean; and North America. US$ 1,000 and fully paid trip for each winner and chaperone to a UNEP event (venue and date to be confirmed later).