Search through all the contests
Taiwan International Design Competition 2014
The Taiwan International Design Competition is now striding into its 13th year, and with its different themes set annually in response to global trends and changing circumstances in the social environment, it presents the perfect opportunity for designers around the globe to present their creative designs.
In addition to encouraging more imaginative and innovative creations, it also hopes to use current trends to inspire designers to engage in more profound philosophical and humanistic reflection. This will allow designers to not just be confined to an ’object’ itself, but to incorporate a return to life's subtleties of life in design concepts.
Theme of this year is "Vivifying":
All things under the heavens are naturally in a state between movement and stillness. Movement and stillness are complementary energies, and energy circulates between the states of movement and stillness. If design follows the example of nature, then the will to live and the energy to adapt to the environment and society can be sought in movement.
While in stillness, the changes in all things can be observed, allowing one to catch a glimpse of the trends of the times and explore the balance between movement and stillness. This then, is a method of applying design. We can create numerous opportunities and surprises, engage imagination and creativity, conjure up the magic of objects, and unlock the potential to create infinite possibilities to reclaim the will to live.
• Product Design
• Packaging Design
• Visual Communication Design
• Digital Multimedia Design
Participants can join the competition as individuals or in team. There is no limit on the number of entries. Design drawings should be on no more than two A3 size (420X297mm) paper board(s) and should include text description. The description must be in English but may include some Chinese. Descriptions in both English and Chinese are limited to 50-100 words.
There is no entry fee.
Open to designers, teachers or students of design related fields, people who are interested in design. There is no restrictions on nationality and age.
• Gold Award: NT$500,000 (approx. US$15,000), a trophy, and a certificate
• Silver Award: NT$200,000 (approx. US$6,000), a trophy, and a certificate
• Bronze Award: NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,000), a trophy, and a certificate
• DIGITAL Award: NTD $50,000 (approx. USD $1,500) and a certificate
• CPC Award (2 winners): NT$50,000 (approx. US$1,500) and a certificate
• Hands Tailung Award (2 winners): NT$50,000 (approx. US$1,500) and a certificate
• Honorable Mention: NT$10,000 (approx. US$300) and a certificate
The winners will be announced on the dedicated website and in international media.