Search through Graphic Competitions
Eco Bike Design Contest 2012
Solsonica and POLI.design are announcing a competition with the aim of selecting innovative projects involving an electrically assisted bicycle and a photovoltaic shelter to protect and recharge it. The two products (the assisted bicycle and the shelter) must constitute a single project that exhibits continuity in terms of functionality, usability, and aesthetics, and which can embody the values and identity of the Solsonica brand.
The appearance of the bicycle must express the identity of the Solsonica brand and embody the values of sustainable mobility, ecology, and responsible choices. From a functional point of view, the bicycle must be equipped with a detachable, autonomous battery, and it must be possible to switch from using the bike in the assisted mode, to using it as a pedal vehicle. There are, however, no speciﬁc restrictions regarding the morphology, typology, techniques, or construction materials.
Each participant (or group) must send:
• a book of a maximum of 3 landscape ISO-A3 tables in pdf format containing an overview, instructions for use, measurements and dimensions, and the details considered most signiﬁcant, for both products. The use of colour and any graphic representation technique is permitted.
• a short report describing the reasons behind and features of the project, the materials required, and any other information considered useful.
• 1-2 tiﬀ or jpg images in high rendering resolution of the whole of both products.
Entry is open to freelance Italian and / or foreign designers or members of companies if they receive authorisation from the company.
The total prize money is €7,000, which will be divided as follows:
• 1st prize €4000 (approx. 5,300 USD)
• 2nd prize €2000 (approx. 2,630 USD)
• 3rd prize €1000 (approx. 1,320 USD)